On Jun 26, 2007, at 3:29 PM, Bernd Dorn wrote:
On 23.06.2007, at 12:38, Christian Theune wrote:
Am Samstag, den 23.06.2007, 07:04 -0400 schrieb Gary Poster:
Hey Christian. I intend to check in some code that fixes
zope.app.keyreference conflict error issues I wrote about last week.
This will take advantage of some code that I checked in to the ZODB,
that I don't intend to be part of ZODB 3.8--so I don't intend my
zope.app.keyreference changes to be part of Zope 3.4.
The zope.app.keyreference package has not yet branched. In your
capacity as release manager, would you mind if I did that, so I
make a 3.5 dev checkin/egg? Also, I'm a bit confused on our
preference now: would this be 3.5.0-dev or 3.5.0a1-dev, or what?
Yes. And if you're at it, I'd welcome if you'd switch the tree's
to use that branch. :)
The trunk's setup.py of the satellite should either be 3.5.0a1 or
i think as long the package has a dev dependency like ZODB 3.9 it
should at least have alpha or beta status
gary, is it possible to be compatible to 3.8 too?
Not productively. We could have "if the PersistentReference doesn't
have the 3.9 stuff then just refuse to do a ConflictError" but then
that's no different that the keyreference 3.4 behavior. Heh,
actually, that's effectively the behavior we probably have now for
keyreference 3.5dev running against ZODB 3.8, since errors in the
conflict resolution will simply cause the resolution to fail, and the
3.5dev changes would generate AttributeErrors against ZODB 3.8 during
So...it would be a bit of a lie to claim to be compatible with 3.8.
The changes are useless without the 3.9 changes. But the code
*should* technically work with the same restrictions we have now.
That said, I don't really want to support the changes against 3.8.
...I could move the releases to our ZC download location, rather than
the zope.org one, if folks want...
What's the problem? I'm happy to help, especially if it doesn't take
too much time, and you can wait a day or two.
Zope3-dev mailing list