On Aug 25, 2007, at 4:59 AM, Lorenzo Gil Sanchez wrote:

Thanks for replying.  I meant to make another reply but fogot.

Well, probably I was to fast predicting the causes of my problem. They
only thing I know is that a couple of months ago I could browse the
repository without any problem and suddenly I start getting a default
Apache page and a lot of permission denied errors while trying to do the same. I'm sure I was browsing the same URL (http://svn.zope.org) since I
had it on my bookmarks.

Oddly enough, after this message thread I can browse the repository
again from the device and I swear I didn't change any proxy
configuration or anything at all.

Your client id was being blocked because it was used by a poorly- behaved spider. It was blocked to block the spider. We'ev unblocked it and are hoping that the spider doesn't come back. If it does, we'll find some other way to block it. In any case, it had nothing to do with blocking setuptools.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714