Hi there,

One of the issues I see is that we have two kinds of views - the ones used to construct the ZMI, and special views, such as AbsoluteURL. Simply making it possible to include the component registrations without the browser registrations would also mean those special views don't get included, which I imagine you'd generally want.

This is not a problem if a package *only* defines such special views as then you'd decide to include the browser's configure.zcml after all, but I imagine the situation exists where special views and ZMI views are defined together in a single browser package.