On 26 Sep 2007, at 16:49 , Martijn Faassen wrote:
On 9/26/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
What about using CHANGES.txt, which we should be maintaining anyway?
[snip]

These are very good points. My guide [1] already recommends this practice.

[1]
http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/ maintaining-software.txt

I can't find my description of this practice in the guide. In
particular, the practice of using unreleased entries.

It's way down at the bottom, under the "Releasing software" section.

Note that if you already anticipate the version number, you can instead do this:

1.3.7 (unreleased)

And then change the unreleased to the date once you're releasing.

That's exactly what the guide recommends.