Lennart Regebro wrote:
On 8/25/06, Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I actually think it would be *nice*, if not at all essential, to have a
common namespace for community work. For such a common namespace "z3c"
is a bit unwieldier than something like "zorg". We could consider
establishing a more coherent pattern in the future, perhaps.

As mentioned in another thread, I'd like to avoid namespace clutter,
but I have come to realize I have no good arguments for that. :-)

So, if we can't agree, then it's just yet another namespace. zope, zc,
lovely, schooltool, codespeak(?), nuxeo, z3lab, z3c and now zorg. If
there is no interest in merging basic toolkits into the same namespace
(which there overwhelmingly was not in the other discussion) then
having both z3c and zorg can't be a problem either.  ;)

Technically it isn't a problem, that's why it's not at all essential. But it might be nice for some other reasons:

* people who write a new community package knows which namespace to use

* we could present this to the outside world a bit more coherently; look at all these nice zorg components.

That said, it isn't a big deal at all, you're right.