David Johnson пишет:
What do you mean by "Your authenticator is registered as a Plugin in a PAU in your current site"? I registered the authenticator as a utility and assigned the utility name to the authenticatorPlugins attribute of the PAU. Is it enough?
I'm not sure I follow you here. Normally when you create a custom authenticator you first go into Manage Site add a Pluggable Auth Utility (PAU). Then from within the PAU there are plugins. You can add your custom plugin here. Then you select a credentials plugin and your authenticator plugin. I'm not an expert by any means on PAU, but it seems this is the preferred approach.

The authenticators I've written implemented the following:

Aha, seems that I see where is my problem. I didn't manage site through ZMI. Is it possible to do this manipulation programmatically?