On Monday 29 January 2007 16:06, David Johnson wrote:
> > Aha, seems that I see where is my problem. I didn't manage site
> > through ZMI. Is it possible to do this manipulation programmatically?
> That I don't know. Probably.   Why you would want to is another
> question.

There is a lot of motivation for doing it this way. Alexei stated one in his

During development you also want to throw databases away frequently. To set up
everything in the ZODB by hand again is just totally lame. A lemma to this is
that we always generate sample data for our applications (via z3c.sampledata
or now z3c.configurator) so that we can test the application better. We use
the sample data for manual and automated testing. It would be unpractical to
do it by hand then.

Stephan Richter