On Sunday 28 January 2007 11:44, Alexei Ustyuzhaninov wrote:
> This code is contained in the file mypackage/__init__.py, mypackage in
> turn is loaded via ZCML.

This is bad form. You should have that code in another module.

> Both plugins and PAU are registered
> successfully and I can access them with queryUtility. But the
> authentication is carried through the standard mechanism and
> MyAuthenticatorPlugin isn't even called.

There are a couple of things to be said here:

* Pluggable Authentication was not developed to work well globally. I know I
had to tweak it a (tiny) bit to make it work for base registries.

* You should use the pluggable authentication utility from a site. You can do
this via ZCML and baseregistries or adding it to the ZODB. You should look
into configurator on how to do this programmatically.

Packages to check out:

Stephan Richter