Hi all,

I've just started playing around with using z3c.layer to create
applications that don't use the ZMI at all.  Everything is pretty
simple so far, except for one fairly important step: creating my
initial application object in the ZODB.  What methods do people use to
create their application root objects (aside from the ZMI)?

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few ways:
* Special BrowserPage (named, e.g. 'install-app') that creates the
application object and puts it in /
* Listening for the ZODB open event and creating/inserting the
application object from the handler
* weird ZODB root object adapter

Is there a "right" or intended way to do this, or is it much of a muchness?

Thanks for your thoughts!