Florian Lindner wrote:
Hello,
I use a Zope3 svn checkout for developement. What is the best way to make this working with the zc packages? I don't want to easy_install the entire Zope checkout but I also want my code to work with easy_install'ed versions of these packages. (don't want to change import statements and so on...) My favorite way would be to just do a svn checkout of the zc packages too but it seems to me that it won't work this way (or am I missing something?)

Of course you can get a checkout of any package you wish from
svn.zope.org, including the zc.* packages. However, they'll likely have
dependencies which you will have to resolve as well. Some might also
define entry points which means they really want to be installed as eggs.

Why do you use checkouts? Do you actually change the packages while
you're developing with them?

Have you looked at zc.buildout? Checkout the tutorial [1]. Also, pretty
much any zope.* or zc.* package's sandbox is set up using buildout these
days, providing you with lots of examples.

[1] http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/zc.buildout/trunk/doc/tutorial.txt