On 24. Sep 2007, at 18:53, Maken Seteva wrote:

Fellow Zopers.
I have made a slight modification to my intid util by inheriting from IntId and overriding _generateId(). I do this to be sure that all new created objects will have an incrementing number where the first object created gets id 1, the next gets id 2 and so on.  This way I get for "free" sorting by

Please do not attach additional "meaning" to intids. The value of an object's intid is (and should be) completely irrelevant.

What do you think about this? Is it "safe" to do this, or have i forgotten any unforseen oddities
that might occur in the future :O

Your code looks like a conflict-magnet to me. I suggest you read up on why counting in the ZODB is a bad idea.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.
  --Douglas Adams