On 24. Sep 2007, at 18:53, Maken Seteva wrote:

Fellow Zopers.
I have made a slight modification to my intid util by inheriting from IntId and overriding _generateId(). I do this to be sure that all new created objects will have an incrementing number where the first object created gets id 1, the next gets id 2 and so on.  This way I get for "free" sorting by
oldest/newest.

Please do not attach additional "meaning" to intids. The value of an object's intid is (and should be) completely irrelevant.

[snip]

What do you think about this? Is it "safe" to do this, or have i forgotten any unforseen oddities
that might occur in the future :O

Your code looks like a conflict-magnet to me. I suggest you read up on why counting in the ZODB is a bad idea.

Stefan

--
It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.
  --Douglas Adams