On Apr 20, 2008, at 12:06 AM, Darryl Cousins wrote:
If I have understood the code correctly in zope.deferredimport the
problem which zope.proxy.ProxyBase answers is in the following snippet
from z.deferredimport.deferredmodule:initialize [1] where a type(module)
comparison is made.

Therefore, if I could understand fully Jim's statement:

"the inspect module's assumption that a module is not a module unless it
subclasses the standard Python module type"

Then I could attempt to substitute pure-python code for the type(module)
problem which appears in the `initialize` method.

I'm not sure what you mean. The idea is to provide a pure-python implementation of ModuleProxy. ModuleProxy doesn't have to be as complete as zope.proxy allows. The need for a proxy is due to the inspect module's use of isinstance. isinstance in turn uses an object's __class__ attribute, which a proxy can override.

I hope this hint helps.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation