Thanks for all the assistance.

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 18:05 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Yes, you do create new schema fields by subclassing from Field.
> It's just that we saw you putting a field not in a schema but in what
> looked like a concrete object.

This has given me a BIG pause while I'm working on a simpler example.
It may actually solve the problem.

Are you saying that in order to create a Field that can be used as an
attribute of another class; I should define it in an interface and ONLY
in an interface?

Such like pseudo:

import Field
class IAbc(Interface)

myNewField = Field(

and then when I need to use it in a class, simply state that that class

If this is true I have a two month hard core re-factoring to do.

> Perhaps we were wrong in reading your
> code, and this is one reason why you should come up with a minimum
> example that demonstrates the problem and only that, without a lot of
> distracting code surrounding it. You're the best suited person to
> actually create a minimum example.

Thanks again.

Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services
LinkedIn Profile:
Skype ID == timothy.cook
*You may get my Public GPG key from  popular keyservers or   *
*from this link*