Thanks, Thierry.
I think the real problem with ZCA and ZCML is "bad press". We did not face
any ZCML problem when we worked on the Zope3 projects. It was later,
thankfully, that we came across the negative opinion. ZCA did require a
mindset change for some, but more often than not it has helped them in
their future work on other platforms too.
But that was 10 years ago... Don't know about now.

Regards,
Milind