On 6 Dec 2000, at 21:57, Bill Welch wrote:

> I found the shopping cart interesting. Did you start with an existing
> package or write it from scratch? Are you willing to share it?

There are four major parts to this system.

1. product inventory and descriptions - kept in Interbase, images in Zope

2. Shopping cart  - track qty of each item put in basket, this is just a
dict stored in an SQLSession object

3. The checkout sequence - Interbase tables with Python code to
populate them as each checkout step is completed

4. Charging the card - Wampum generator calling Cybercash.

Item 1 is very specific to this site, so there's nothing really worth sharing

Item 2 is trivial easy

Item 3 A lot of this is from my "toolbox" built on SQLDict. I'm hoping
someday I can give it away, but my current customers have paid for it
and aren't willing to give it up. Maybe next quarter when the current
contracts are complete.

Item 4 Not mine, but I have some fixes to give back when I get my brain
working again to do a decent job.

Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements