--- The Doctor What <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gaaah!  I'm totally miffed/pissed/confused/sad about
> this.
> I have Zope 2.2.4, and if I go to:
> http://docwhat.gerf.org:9673/fish  (an non-existant
> object)
> I get the HTTPResponse.py _error_html() function as
> called by
> notFoundError().
> Now, if I go to:
> http://zope.org/fish
> I get a nice fully customized error page, which
> includes where I
> *might* have ment to go....
> What's going on!

I know what you mean.  I'm no zopista but I think the
problem has to do with the standard error methods not
being tied in directly to the object database.

There are two files:

that contain error pages hard coded in.

you get the HTTPResponse.py code for errors like:

403: 'Forbidden',
404: 'Not Found',
405: 'Method Not Allowed',

stuff like that.

This error code is not parsed like normal dtml and so
you can't simply replace it with:

"""<dtml-var standard_error_message>"""

I think this is because these are standard error codes
that have to do with the web server and they must work
even if the object database doesn't.

There must be a more detailed reason why these errors
aren't connected to the db, but someone else will have
to answer that one. :)

Do You Yahoo!?