On 01.Apr 2005 - 14:34:22, Peter Bittner wrote:
> Hi there!
> I am running a Debian Linux box with Debian/testing (Sarge) and I am trying
> get Plone up and running. I have made a clean, new install of the whole
> system last week, so all packages are really up-to-date and there was no
> dirty installation that was updated.
> I have noticed that the Plone package on Debian is or was somewhat broken,
> but
> there was a notice about that on the Plone website (download page) which has
> disappeared. For me that looked like this problem was fixed by the package
> maintainer.
> Unfortunately still, after installing Plone (and implicitly thus Zope 2.7)
> Zope did not want to come up, saying:

Did you read the debconf-pages that were presented to you during the
installation of zope and plone? I guess not, because else you won't
ask that question. Short answer: create a new Zope instance using
mkzope2.7instance, check it's config and remove the '#' on the lines:

products /usr/lib/zope2.7/lib/python/Products
products /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products
products $INSTANCE/Products

To have Zope 2.7 find the Plone Product. The documentation of Zope and
Plone will explain why you need to do that.

>   Zope starting all instances....
>   '*' is an old/purged instance, not started

Looks like Zope2.7 finds an old 2.6 instance, but I'm not sure...

You're definitely on their list.  The question to ask next is what list it is.