Thanks Dennis,

Between your and Shane's reply, I got it fixed:

I just raised an error with the value of app.__ac_roles__, at that point in lib/python/OFS/Application.py and determined that ONLY the role I had added was being created. So going in and manually adding those starting default roles to the .properties file fixed it (running it from the console 2 days ago sure would have saved me some sleep :/). I have no idea if that is a problem with how I moved an existing project into a root install of Ape, or if it is a more generic one, but on my set-up Ape definitely only puts things in that [security] section of the .properties files when you make a change. (For example, just hitting save on the Security tab adds all those per role settings, but not the roles themselves). On everything aside from root that works better, but obviously if you ever get to the point I was at where there is only one role defined on start-up, it kill Zope, badly.

Technically that might be a Zope error also - if there is only one role, it hits a type mismatch. But people shouldn't ever be getting there anyways, I suppose.

Tim

Dennis Allison wrote:

Tim,
You may want to run Zope in debug mode-- bin/runzope should do it.
Also, be sure you have the event.log configured and enable. -d