Hi Phil & Ashley,

I also have kinterbasedbDA working on Windows. It is with an older version of Zope (2.6.4). The DA version is 1.1.1.1. The kinterbasdb version is 3.0.1. It uses a dll called _kinterbasedb.dll, instead of a .pyd. I don't remember the exact installation process anymore, but I think I just grabbed it from another working site. If you like, I could zip it up and send it to you.

The site uses blobs (all sub_type text) in many places, so maybe older/other versions don't support this as well.

Bob Corriher
CTO
P-Wave Inc.

Philip Kilner wrote:

Hi Ashley,

Can't help you on the blob front...

Ashley Lloyd wrote:
I've had trouble installing kinterbase (it complains about LDAP..?), so
at the moment I use gvib. I've pencilled in quite a bit of time today to
try to get kinterbase installed.
Unfortunately I'm on Windows, which I'm guessing contributes to the
installation problems!

...but I can confirm that KIinterbaseDA works nicely on Windows - I've
been happily using it for some time, and haven't had any issues at all
(BTW, I don't use LDAP and KInterbaseDA has never mentioned it!). The
only problem I had at install time was getting my head around the
distinction between the Python part and the Zope DA part.

HTH