Bernd Dorn escribió:

On 17.08.2005, at 20:22, Garito wrote:

Bernd Dorn escribió:

the following 3 problems

this line must be in /etc/hostconfig
ZOPESERVER=-YES-

On 17.08.2005, at 13:03, Garito wrote:

Hi all!

Yesterday I install Zope 2.8.1 on a Mac OS X tiger Server and all goes ok

The only question I can't configure is the automatic boot up

I read some how-to's but they don't work

At /System/Library/StartupItems I create a folder called Zope with 2 files:

Zope with these contents:

the 'Zope'  file must be executable in order to work

chmod +x Zope

#!/bin/sh

##
# Zope Web Application Server
##

. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
   if [ "${ZOPESERVER=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then
       ConsoleMessage "Starting Zope"
       /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl start

typo? sistes == sites

   fi
}

StopService ()
{
   ConsoleMessage "Stopping Zope"
   /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl stop
}

RestartService ()
{
   if [ "${ZOPESERVER=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then
       ConsoleMessage "Restarting Zope"
       /var/zope/sistes/bin/zopectl restart
   fi
}

RunService "$1"

and StartupParameters.plist with these content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Description</key>
    <string>Zope web application server</string>
    <key>OrderPreference</key>
    <string>None</string>
    <key>Provides</key>
    <array>
            <string>Zope Server</string>
    </array>
    <key>Requires</key>
    <array>
            <string>Web Server</string>
    </array>
</dict>
</plist>

With these 2 files zope doesn't start at boot time. For that question I try another StartupParameters.plist:

{
 Description     = "Zope WebServer";
 Provides        = ("Zope WebServer");
 Requires        = ("Web Server");
 OrderPreference = "None";
 Messages =
 {
   start = "Starting Zope WebServer Service";
   stop  = "Stopping Zope WebServer Service";
 };
}

but It doesn't work too

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

--
Mis Cosas
http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito/

Hi again!
Sorry but Zope is executable, perhaps another thing?
Any idea?

hm, have you set the effective user in zope.conf? you need this if you run zopectl as root

as root try to execute

/System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope

from the commandline

and have a look what if something is looged into your event.log

without any messages i have no clue

Thanks

--
Mis Cosas
http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito/

Sorry but my Mac OS X skill are null

I try:

sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope

but raises line 31: $1: unbound variable

now I supouse $1 will be StartService/StopService/RestarService

then I try:

sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/Zope/Zope StartService

but raises unknown argument: StartService

I another hand at Console there aren't any message about Zope on it

Sorry for my inexperience and thanks a lot!!!