David H wrote:

> I saw that in a few google hits but ... I figured that if a fair
> population wants to view the presentations then the files should be in a
> universal format - like pdf or rtf.
> Its an interesting question:  how many people who just wish to peruse
> the files will feel compelled to google and download new apps just to be
> able to read them?

Why download anything? You can do the conversion online at
http://cdsconv.cern.ch/index.py/Simple?s_id=sxi

I agree with you in general though that uploading them as pdf would have
been a good idea especially since, unlike certain other office
applications, the conversion is a built-in feature of OpenOffice.