Nicolas Georgakopoulos wrote:

Sorry for that , it was on purpose.. I'm new to Zope and thought that it wasn't right to bother the rest of the list with my beginner problem...

The opposite is true.. by keeping this on the list, not only can other people help out, but other people can learn, and this becomes a resource for others once archived by google and gmane ;-)

 Module Products.MailTemplates.BaseMailTemplate, line 117, in send
 Module Products.MailTemplates.BaseMailTemplate, line 107, in _send
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute '_send'

Hmmm, what have you selected in the MailHost drop-down on the Mail Template's edit page?

Whatever you have selected is resolving to a string instead of a MailHost object :-S

cheers,

Chris

PS: What Zope version are you using?

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk