--On 25. November 2005 12:43:48 -0800 Dennis Allison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

True.  But the context of this thread was whether deprecation made sense
or not.  I was agreeing with Chris that the DateTime problems are better
solved by replacement than by patching, but also that there is a large
amount of code that has been made to work using the current DataTime and
that investment needs to be protected.

I agree that is should be replaced but I also mentioned that we tried to achieve that already some years ago and we gave up....so talking about deprecation really makes sense when someone puts a replacement module on the table. I know that the DateTime module is a piece of crap but crap you can live mostly with (as long as you don't need timezones :-)).