Andreas Jung wrote:

I agree that is should be replaced but I also mentioned that we tried to achieve that already some years ago and we gave up....so talking about deprecation really makes sense when someone puts a replacement module on the table. I know that the DateTime module is a piece of crap but crap you can live mostly with (as long as you don't need timezones :-)).

Okay, well, I'd advocate replacement with a zope.datetime that subclasses python's datetime, mixes in persistence and provides some of the extra helper methods.

What do people think?

cheers,

Chris

(CC'ing Phillip 'cos I saw him doing some Zope 3'ish DateTime stuff...)
           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk