I am trying to understand instances, any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I am obviously missing something.
I would like to have each user having, either,  their own Zope Server binaries (including CMF & Plone) in their home directories.
Alternatively, as multiple Zope Servers on one machine will be quite a resource eater, (probably 20 main users) is it possible to have just one Zope Server and multiple instances of the database/CMF/Plone for the users? All user instances and content including the database entries would need to be accounted for in and installed in their own home directories to allow us to control and manage each user or groups bandwidth and quota's etc etc.
Is this possible? If so, is there a how-to or something I have not found yet or some advice would be appreciated. I have several books on Zope now and none of them seem to describe instances or multiple user configurations in any detail.
I am looking for each department/user/group to be able to manage, for the most part, their own web-services, but with us still managing the usual operating and application environments.

Thanks a lot, regards,