I have a zope instance listening on localhost. I use apache and fastcgi to reach zope. Now I would like to provide webdav. Since my apache is already doing ssl, I wanted webdav connections to also go through apache.

when I use cadaver and connect to my zope zope through apache, all works well even though I have specified in my zope.conf file that  webdav listen on localhost:8088 (it seems that cadaver is smart enough working through the fastcgi interface to just work).

When attempting to using dreamweaver mx or windows webfolders to connect to zope I get an error.

So I attempted to use an apache proxy pass directive to campture all urls at myzopeserver.edu:8088/webdav back to localhost:8088. This had no effect. cadaver was still able to work. Dreamweaver (using webdav site setup) and windows webfolders still failed.

What deep magic do I need to make dav work through apache? ( would prefer to have all things go through fastcgi but I understand the trend is to use proxy-pass )

David Bear
What's the difference between private knowledge and public knowledge?