Michael Shulman wrote:
Thanks Lennart!  Proxy roles do sound like the answer, but I cannot
get them working.  When I restrict my private script so that only
Managers have View permissions and give my public script Manager proxy
roles, I am still prompted for a login box when I try to view the
public script.  When I cancel, I get the following error:

Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'meta_type' in this context

On what line in either of your scripts do you access meta_type?

What does it mean and how do I fix it?

I means something tried to access an object's meta_type but didn't have the necessary roles to do so. You may wish to look at the verbose-security options in zope.conf...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk