values
(
<dtml-sqlvar ItemID type=int>,
<dtml-sqlvar ItemDate type=string>,
etc
)

<dtml-var sql_delimiter>
select LAST_INSERT_ID() as BaptismID

You have to have the select LAST_INSERT_ID call in the same query as the insert, and you have to have the sql_delimiter. I have a vague recollection that LAST_INSERT_ID is MySQL specific.

Cliff

Alric Aneron wrote:
Hi guys,
 HOW HOW HOW HOW!!!
 Do I get at the last_insert_id() function, this is driving me absolutely
crazy!!
 Zope docs say use "select last_insert_id()" but it doesn't work, gives me an error about
bad SQL syntax around "LIMIT 1000".  I tried googling it, I tried searching through other
docs.   And it just won't do it!
I would like to make a separate ZSQL Method that will return to me the last insert id. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
countries) for 2ยข/min or less.