I don't think Zope provide the said  feature.

1.  I use ZopeTime (e.g. datetime_id.) as the last_insert_query id.  You can use python date time too.
2.  All related database tables have a datetime_id column
3.  Using zsql method:
     insert into table_name
    set t_datetime_id=<dtml-sqlvar datetime_id type="string">,

Good Luck

CY

Alric Aneron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi guys,
HOW HOW HOW HOW!!!
Do I get at the last_insert_id() function, this is driving me absolutely crazy!!
Zope docs say use "select last_insert_id()" but it doesn't work, gives me an error about bad SQL syntax around "LIMIT 1000".  I tried googling it, I tried searching through other docs.   And it just won't do it!

I would like to make a separate ZSQL Method that will return to me the last insert id.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less._______________________________________________
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org