Tres Seaver wrote:

ZRS secondaries go into "recovery mode" whenever they lose connection
with the promary:  that recovery is sufficient to allow it to resync
(even to bring up a new, "empty" secondary).

Hi Tres. This is sort of how I envisioned ZRS (though I have never seen or used it). I thought that perhaps being offline for a good length of time (or bringing up a fresh new client) would put strain on the server and increase the risk of other replication clients being blocked by the process. I am not sure how many clients are typically configured with ZRS though or whether this would be an issue.

Regards,
David