--On 23. Juni 2006 09:40:41 -0300 "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I manage my own servers developing web applications and I would like to
remove the import restrictions of python modules in python scripts. Is it
possible? How can I allow other modules to be imported? I have been using
external modules but it is starting to become nonproductive since I have
to create functions to simple problems like md5, re, etc, and just using
the needed modules would be much simple.

Check for allow_module(). However this is *not* a solution for all and everything. There are several that will define not work properly with PythonScript (including 're'). If you need unrestricted access to Python: use external method or write a Zope product. If you're in CMF country: check out TrustedExecutables. All other approaches are just the wrong way...