To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 11:49 PM
Subject: [Zope] question on simple_send in MailHost

Aloha,

The Zope (2.7.5) API docs for MailHost show this for simple_send:

--------------
simple_send(self, mto, mfrom, subject, body):

Sends a message. Only To:, From: and Subject: headers can be set. The arguments are:

    mto
        A commaseparated string or list of recipient(s) of the message.
    mfrom
        The address of the message sender.
    subject
        The subject of the message.
    body
        The body of the message.

So it reads like it can handle more than one To: address, something like this comma-separated string:

'[EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

...but when I do this the message only gets sent to the first address in the list.

I have never used simple_send..., but have you tried putting the 'To' addresses in a list format, eg. ['addr1', 'addr2', ...]? - if you already have a comma-separated string you can easily pass this as a list with something like: string.split(addressString, ',').

Jonathan