On 9/2/06, Jonathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As an experiment, can you try running zeoctl as the root user?  If this
works, then it is definitely a problem with the permissions that your 'zope'
user has  (the error you described is normally a permissions related error).

Running 'zeoctl start' as root does not help, however if I edit
zeo.conf and change:
user zope
to:
user root

and then run zeoctl start, it works.

so it seems it certainly is permission related, but I'm not sure where
to go from here, as the .py files related to zeoctl and runzeo are
beyond my level of understanding.

Thanks,

Ben