--On 2. September 2006 23:43:50 -0700 Ken Ara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

My Zope is stuck like never before. With my server on
another continent, 8 hours time difference, and on a
Sunday, I am pulling out my few remaining hairs...

Our box runs FreeBSD 5, Zope 2.78 (if I remember
correctly) and Squid.

The ISP has been preparing for a move and shifted some
machines, pulled some wires, and I see that the
machine has rebooted.

I can't restart or stop Zope -
'/usr/local/www/Zope/zope01/bin/zopectl stop' just
produces '........' for a long time - should I wait?

Use "netstat -anp" to figure out if there is any process listening to
*your* Zope port (port should be in state LISTEN). If yes, the "-p"
option should give you the process id. Try to kill the process (if you have the permissions). If you don't have the permissions, ask your administrator.
If there is no process running, try "zopectl fg"...this should give you more
detailed error messages on the console.

-aj