I'm just starting to look at Zope as a potential platform to implement a simple authenticated web site... however I do not want to face users with the standard web-browser dialogue, but rather my own log-in page. I've established how to restrict access based upon permissions etc... and I'm able to set/reset cookies based a form submission - but do not see how to integrate an HTML login page with the standard Zope security.

I've read that I should use the "Cookie Crumbler" product... but after I've added this to the folder that I intend to protect, I click on cookie_authentication (the default name for the "Cookie Crumbler" object) and I get the following error message:

*Error Type: AttributeError*
*Error Value: aq_parent*

--

Is this a bug with "Cookie Crumbler" (version 0.3 downloaded from zope.org used against Zope 2.9.4, python 2.4.3, win32)? Am I barking up the wrong tree in hoping to have a slick-looking "logon" page? Is this something commonly done using Zope? Is "Cookie Crumbler" the right product? Would I be better hand-coding this myself?