Federico Schwindt wrote:
What do you mean by "wsgi enabled"? How does wsgi+ differ from wsgi?

 The wsgi directive was enabled in 2.10.0b2. Re wsgi+, do you mean in
the graphic? I need to correct that as the text was truncated. It
should be wsgi+SpeedPack and wsgi+profile.

The speed drop in ZPT I think is due to using Zope 3's ZPT engine in
2.10. Zope 3 has, unless someone tells me otherwise, the policy of being
"slow but right" at the moment. Optimisation may be something the Zope 3
guys want to focus on once they've finished refactoring everything to
death for the 7th or 8th time ;-)

Chris, the Zope 3 people actually spent a lot of time speeding up component architecture bits in Zope 3.3. People complain that its API got better, um, refactored, but it also got sped up quite a bit.

 yes, i think that's the cause of the tal speedup in 2.10, but then
static content is painfully slower.

It appears TAL is slower in 2.10.0b2 vanilla, but a lot faster in 2.10.b2 WSGI. That's pretty bizarre indeed. It might be WSGI somehow lifts performance issues elsewhere in the publisher stack, which then in this case more than compensate for what looks like a slight TAL slowdown.

Why then the static content is so much slower is again weird. It almost looks like there's a fixed speed for WSGI. Someone who knows more about how the WSGI support may be able to say more...