Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote:
LESSON #1: If it looks as if a product is no longer maintained then ask the
maintainer of the product if he has any uncommitted changes in  his version
control system.

They're not uncommitted, they're in a public subversion repository thats' advertised on the project's pages on sourceforge which is linked to from squishdot.org...

LESSON #2: If you want to produce a new product/component, learn Zope 3 and use
that for the new work, unless Zope 2 compatibility is for some reason required.

Right.

LESSON #4: If a competent programmer provides Zope bindings then make a
reasonable effort to get them to work instead of giving up and using external
methods.

You install Twiddler, you follow the install instructions in twiddler/zope2/readme.txt and then you have Twiddler as an option in your ZMI add menu.

LESSON #5: """My recommendation would be to buy Philipp's Zope 3 book and read it from cover to cover before you start work..."""

I can't stress this one enough either, many thanks again to Philipp for doing the one thing that Zope has always needed :-)

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk