De : [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] De la part de Ben Lobo
Envoyé : mercredi 30 mai 2007 11:32
À : zope@zope.org
Objet : [Zope] Re: MemoryError exception when importing a zexp file

Thanks for the tip. I tried increasing the swap file to 10GB but still got
the same memory error.

I'm now considering exporting the Plone site (cos that's what it is) one
piece at a time and reimporting it into a clean Plone site. Any thoughts on
whether or not this is a good idea?

"Winterflood, Jonathan" wrote:
>Maybe you could try giving the machine more swap space (partition in Linux,
file in Windows)
>You'd probably have performance issues, but if the import is a one-timer,
it might be acceptable.
Jens Vagelpohl
>Envoyé : mardi 29 mai 2007 09:09
>À : zope list user
>Objet : Re: [Zope] MemoryError exception when importing a zexp file
>On 29 May 2007, at 08:36, Ben Lobo wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to import a .zexp file that's 1.6GB but it continually
>> fails due
>> to a MemoryError exception. I guess that adding more RAM would
>> probably fix
>> this problem but does anyone know if there's any way of getting
>> around this
>> sort of problem without increasing the RAM?
>Short of increasing memory on that specific host you could also
>create a sandbox on a different machine with more RAM and then copy
>the database when it's done.

the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.