Hi there,

On Nov 27, 2007 4:14 AM, Chetan Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stick to Zope 2 with DTML if that serves your purpose. It will serve you well.
> I think your problem is solved !!!

I don't think it so simple. He was looking for a vibrant community
that would support his needs. I think
the Zope community isn't as vibrant anymore in his area as it used to
be. I can certainly see that giving rise to
some concern.

When I approach an open source project, I look for the exact same
things: a vibrant community in the area of my
needs. If it's not there, I'll be much less likely to invest a lot of
time in it, even if everything else seems "right". I wouldn't want to
stick to a dead-end myself, and traditional Zope 2 approaches are
looking more and more like a dead end, as the community of
developers that can support this has in many ways moved on. I'm not
saying the situation for Zope 2 is *disastrous*; the technological
base will be around for many years yet, but it's certainly not the
same for beginners as it used to be 5 years ago.