--On 26. März 2008 09:48:11 -0400 "Allen Schmidt Sr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No idea even where to start. I played with creating a 'boring' object a
while back but I am pretty sure ours is a tad more complicated. All the
parts of our site I work on are in SQL and was never involved in the
ZClass News stuff. It just works...and continues to work...but is
limiting us from upgrading.

So, where to start. Once we get some guidance, we could probably do it
ourselves.  Anyone willing to a$$$ist? We don't have a budget for it but
could scrape something together to get started. Even just to log in and
look at what we have and say,
"Ah, you need to do this and this and this, then it will work."
I know not that simple, but that is what I am trying to find out.

We know basically nothing about your application and needs..so we can basically give only highlevel advices. If you can: go with Grok if you can divorce from the Zope 2 world. Representing your entities like news items using a simple schema based implementation is not a big deal. Group news items and other content objects in containers is also straight forward...but no idea but further business logic and further requirements. So if you aren't married with Zope 2 and when you have the chance making a cut, go with Grok...but it might require a close analysis of your current system.