Tim Nash wrote:
I don't have the skills but I think it would be cool if some
student ported Zope to utilize features of the google file system or
libferris. Libferris is a virtual file system that mounts just about
everything including postgres, xml and OpenOffice docs.

Where are you thinking of plugging Zope into this storage layer?

If zope ran
on the gfs (primarily adding business logic, security and publishing)
it would give a boost to the value of any zope based company.

I don't know what "running on gfs" would mean, but surely this is only available to Google employees and internal projects?

Also, I
think it would be fun to run map/reduce on my stored objects!

Dunno what this means either...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk