+-------[ Tim Nash ]----------------------
| What I am looking for is a way to store my data in xml using zope and
| run map/reduce (or something very much like it) on live data.

Write a Zope Product and store your XML anywhere you want, FS, ZODB, FTP
site somewhere...

However if you really have enough data to warrant any of this, you're
not going to be running map/reduce from inside Zope. You'll be calling
out to something else to do map/reduce and return you the results.

| 1. Should I try to see if localFS will read/write to xml files on the
| hadoop filesystem
| http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/hdfs_design.html

This is not (yet) a filesystem, it's a database written in Java with
'filesystem-like' commands.

| 2. or should I look for python equivalents to hadoop?
|
| 3. or should I just use java for this area of my application?
|
| Which approach (or something else) would you take?

I would start with a list of requirements...

--
Andrew Milton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]