--On 26. Juni 2008 14:09:50 +0000 Garry Saddington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am using Zope 2.9 connected to a Posgres DB via psycopg. My database
encoding is UTF8.  I am getting the following error when users try to
insert text in the database containing £ signs: ERROR: invalid byte
sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xa3

This is due to the encoding of a £ sign in the text being sent to the DB.
My question then is how do I make sure that all encodings submiitted from
forms are in the correct UTF8 format? Regards

Use ensure that the HTML page uses UTF-8 as encoding
(either using <meta-equiv...> within the HTML page or by sending

content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8

as HTTP header.

Andreas