On Thursday 26 June 2008 15:12, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 26. Juni 2008 14:09:50 +0000 Garry Saddington
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am using Zope 2.9 connected to a Posgres DB via psycopg. My database
> > encoding is UTF8.  I am getting the following error when users try to
> > insert text in the database containing £ signs: ERROR: invalid byte
> > sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xa3
> >
> > This is due to the encoding of a £ sign in the text being sent to the DB.
> > My question then is how do I make sure that all encodings submiitted from
> > forms are in the correct UTF8 format? Regards
> Use ensure that the HTML page uses UTF-8 as encoding
> (either using <meta-equiv...> within the HTML page or by sending
> content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8
> as HTTP header.
I have taken this a little further after trying all suggestions in the thread
with no success and looked into zope.conf, specifically:

# Directive: default_zpublisher_encoding
#     This controls what character set is used to encode unicode
#     data that reaches ZPublisher without any other specified encoding.
# Default: iso-8859-15
# Example:
#    default_zpublisher_encoding utf-8

As my pages all report as iso-8859-15 I thought a change here would help, but
this happens:

  from OFS.content_types import guess_content_type
Error: 'default_zpublisher_encoding' is not a known key name

It works on this:  Zope Version  (Zope 2.9.0, python 2.4.2, win32)

And fails on this:  Zope Version  (Zope 2.9.0-, python 2.4.5, linux2)

Any further help would be appreciated.

ps. just noticed the typo (not mine) in zope.conf  -
default_zpublisher_encoding should be  default-zpublisher-encoding
all sorted