> (by the way, character entity references do not exist in XML. There are
> character references (&#...;) and entity references (&...;), but not both at
> the same time if I am correct :-) )

Indeed you're right. I trusted Wikipedia which uses the term "character entity
references" and says ``The XML specification does not use the term "character
entity" or "character entity reference". '' --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_entity_reference#Predefined_entities_in_XML
 . I've checked now the XML spec and it does seem to have the definitions:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#sec-references .

I'll change the messages to what you suggested, but I'll keep both of them --
it is much better to have them as customized as possible.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/new-jsoniq/+merge/162375