>Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:56:29 -0500
>Subject: [1st] G3 NewerTech dips switches?
>From: Mike Nicewonger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Hi all,
>
>I have a PowerCenter 132 I'd like to install a used NewerTech Maxpowr
>G3 225MHz accelerator into. After much frustration looking through the
>search results via Google the two silly questions I have are:
>
>1. What settings on the DIP switches
>2. I'm running 9.1 what drivers will I need?
>
>OWC's web site has also been less than helpful in both regards.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Mike N

I have two NewerTech Maxpowr G3-PDS accelerator cards intended for the PDS
slot of a NuBus PowerMac 6100/7100/8100.  One is 300 MHz (bought new) and
the other is an earlier 210 MHz model (bought used).

1. Neither of these cards has DIP switches that I can see and I've never
had any need to set switches when installing them in my 6100s.  The
instruction books are different, but neither says a word about DIP
switches.  So I'm puzzled by your first question.

2. I normally run my 6100 under OS 7.6.1 with the 300 MHz card, but I have
an OS 9.1 partition on an external hard disc and occasionally start up with
OS 9.1.  I installed the same driver (supplied by NewerTech) in both System
Folders with the same options.  The accelerator works equally well either
way.

If this does not answer your questions, you might try Mosaic Computing:
<http://www.MosaicComputing.com/newertech/>
which once had a mirror of the NewerTech site.  Their website no longer
seems to have that mirror, but perhaps they can help you.

A self-help website to check is <http://xlr8yourmac.com/>, especially the
appropriate forums.

Mel Halbert

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal