>while we're on it: I have a 7100/66, and upgrading would help me much... i
>have a PDS graphicds card now, but also a NuBus one lying around, so I
>could
>eventually get along with a used PDS-Slot...
>now I'm much of a beginner (really not much idea about Mac HW), and living
>in Eastern Europe... can ayone point me out what accelerator would work in
>the simplest way for me (hardware install not a problem, more the software
>install :) and maybe where I caould get it for a decent price and be able
>pay by bank transfer? I'd like to be able to see movies, maybe, so I
>guess a
>300MHz would be just fine...

Your 7100 came with an HPV card, right?

In order to use the HPV *and* a G3 accesserator, you're also going to
have to have the HPV pass-through feature, which worked fine up to 280
MHz, but was problematical at 300 MHz and above.

A good, fully-featured 24-bit card for NuBus Macs is the Supermac
Spectrum Thunder/24. Required ROM 3.0 or 3.1 in order to support PPC.
Lower will support 68K only.

The Thunder is so much more flexible than the HPV that I automatically
use the Thunder when upgrading my NuBus Macs.

That way, I never have to get involved with the pass-through card and its
limitations.

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal