> >I have a PowerCenter 132 I'd like to install a used NewerTech Maxpowr
> >G3 225MHz accelerator into. After much frustration looking through the
> >search results via Google the two silly questions I have are:
> >
> >1. What settings on the DIP switches
> >2. I'm running 9.1 what drivers will I need?
> >
> >OWC's web site has also been less than helpful in both regards.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >--
> >Mike N
> >

> I have two NewerTech Maxpowr G3-PDS accelerator cards intended for the PDS
> slot of a NuBus PowerMac 6100/7100/8100.  One is 300 MHz (bought new) and
> the other is an earlier 210 MHz model (bought used).
>
> 1. Neither of these cards has DIP switches that I can see and I've never
> had any need to set switches when installing them in my 6100s.  The
> instruction books are different, but neither says a word about DIP
> switches.  So I'm puzzled by your first question.

Different machine. The PowerCenter is a 7200 series clone.

> 2. I normally run my 6100 under OS 7.6.1 with the 300 MHz card, but I have
> an OS 9.1 partition on an external hard disc and occasionally start up
with
> OS 9.1.  I installed the same driver (supplied by NewerTech) in both
System
> Folders with the same options.  The accelerator works equally well either
> way.

The earlier reply to my query sees to have been what I needed. The CPU seems
to be running just great. I'll install the drivers later when I have more
time to hack on the thing.

--
Mike N

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal