On 9/2/18, Lucio De Re <lucio.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/1/18, hiro <23h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> no, 9p2000.L or Linux syscalls are not supported by plan9.
>>

> So Ethan is right, this is a "lark", if an interesting one. 9P is
> getting quite a few "takers". I seem to recall a paper on adding Plan
> 9 authentication to the Linux kernel, for purposes beyond the Plan 9
> scope? That also needed 9P features.

Found it
<https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en//pubs/archive/34433.pdf>:

"This paper discusses the extension of Linux authentication
mechanisms to allow the use of the Plan 9 approach with
existing Linux applications in order to reduce the security
risks mentioned earlier. It describes the port of the Plan 9
capability device as a character device driver for the Linux
kernel. It also describes the port of the Plan 9 authentication
server and the implementation of a PAM module which
allows the use of these new facilities. It is now possible to
restrain processes like login and su from the uncontrolled setuid
bit and make them run on behalf of an unprivileged user
in Linux."

Lucio.