On 22/08/2021, Eli Cohen <echol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> deep learning is another interest of mine too. hardware support is a
> big deal for that... some kind of support for GPUs would be nice.
> people have discussed that for years... hardware drivers are difficult
> and important to do correctly!

There's virtio_gpu, which I assume is less hairy and better-documented
than real hardware. I think it's graphics-purpose-only. Maybe you'd be
better-off just supporting cards that *only* do ML/NN acceleration?
There's open-source ones.

Also:
> people have discussed that for years

They have?  I mean I might have seen occasionally someone vaguely
going "some sort of GPU support would be cool to have".  That isn't
discussion.